NOTICE: You are viewing a page of the openwetware wiki. Our "dewikify" feature makes a wiki page appear as a normal web page. In April 2017, this feature will GO AWAY and this URL will redirect to the source URL on our wiki. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

For current website see begradboard.mit.edu

Draft Agenda - 08/06/07

  1. Coordinators
    • Elections
      • Nomination requests will go out in the next week or so
      • Elections will be run if there is contention for certain positions
      • Request for all current board members to recruit individuals to fill their positions
      • Some concerns about the timing needed to get the new GSC representative to the first GSC meeting and submit their registration in time too
      • Need to update position descriptions online and send out with email announcing nominations
      • Possibly add an additional social chair to help out with planning activities
    • Undergraduate Organization
      • They have an established budget which has been submitted and approved by Doug
      • They should hold elections in September once they start up classes again
    • Student lounge space
      • Meeting with Doug to discuss space allocation
      • Waiting to hear back about when student reps can meet with the architects to discuss specific details, wall construction etc
  2. First year representative
    • No issues or concerns
  3. Treasurer
    • Up-to-date figures were presented, without BE/ChemE BBQ numbers included
    • Based on budget submitted to Doug, there is about $1000 to play with for events in August (Academic and Social?)
  4. Academic representatives
    • Teach Seminar
      • Planned teaching seminar in August
      • Will parallel as the department's TA specific training
      • Plan to have drinks and appetizers following at CBC
    • Industrial Seminar Series
      • Speaker for August has postponed until September
      • Two speakers lined up in september
      • Nidhi will plan and run the early seminar in Sept and pass off the second one to the incoming academic rep
  5. Social chairs
    • TGIF and BBQ recaps
      • Success all around
      • Renewed interest in splitting aways from ChemE to have our own separately large summer social event
    • Beach BBQ (July/August) - [$500 budgeted]
      • Probably not based on the previous events run in June/ July
      • However, funding does exist if there is something they want to plan
  6. Community service chair
    • First event in July was successful
    • Second event in August did not have adequate turnout and had to be canceled
    • Suggestion to combine a community service event with a social event to increase turnout
  7. Diversity representative
    • Nothing has been accomplished here, simple lack of time on the part of the coordinators, sorry.
  8. Athletic chairs
    • Inventory list is up to date and online
    • Supplies have been added to the closet
    • Five T-shrits left over from this year, probably need to order more in the fall
  9. GSC representative
    • We're getting $750 to reimburse for the Sailing BBQ
    • Concerns about the turnover of responsibiliites with the incoming representative and the associated paperwork